CD: BRYAN LEE - My Lady Don't Love My Lady

While I had heard of Bryan Lee, I had never actually heard his tunes.  My eyes opened wide when I saw this CD enclosed in the unmarked envelope, I immediately popped it in my car's CD player and drove off listening intently.  I did like his style and most of the tunes but some seemed at bit too long (a lot of 5 - 7 minute tunes).  I listened again and again.  Each time I heard it, I liked it more.  It seemed to be much better suited to listening to at night, kicking back.  It is a mix of covers and originals.   The title song, "My Lady don't Love My Lady," is an original.  The two ladies he refers to are his woman and his guitar.  My favorite original is "Me and My Music" which features some great sax work by Gordon Beadle and Doug James.  Some of the tunes had a little bit of jazzy tone to them…a la Duke Robillard who I later noticed produced the CD.  My favorite tune is a Junior Wells cover, "Early in the Morning," which features Buddy Guy on guitar. (I'm a big Junior Wells fan, by the way.)  Other guest artists are Kenny Wayne Shephard who also wrote the tune he plays on "Let Me Up, I've Had Enough" and producer, Duke Robillard.
Bryan evokes some old time blues here with some soulful vocals. Nice CD, give it a listen, preferably when you're kickin' back...it'll get your toes tapping.
~ Don Vecchio