CD PARTY - ’BLUES FROM THE BURGH 2’

Two years ago the BSWPA introduced the "Blues from the Burgh” CD at the IBCs. It was a hard year of work for Jim Weber with assistance from his wife, Jonnye, that brought the much talked-about CD into reality. He thanked me for my help, even though I had done little. I did help with a couple song choices and sound levels, but that was it. Jim did all the legwork: visits to studio, chasing bands to get CDs and release forms, going through recordings with Jonnye to decide what to use and where to put it on the CD.
He had been complimented on it and constantly asked "when are you coming out with a new one?"  He told me he was considering making a second one, but wanted help, didn't want to go through it all over again alone. I told Jim I'd help some, but didn't have much free time. 

 Sadly, Jim passed away last May and never got to work on the CD. I knew I had to do "Blues from the Burgh 2." I had an idea what needed to be done, but needed help. I started immediately getting release forms from bands. I knew I'd get some, but wasn't sure if I'd get enough. Jonnye Weber asked if she could join and of course her help and guidance was welcomed. When bands were told it was being dedicated to Jim's memory, we had more bands than we could use. In three months, we had collected more OK's from bands than the CD could hold, time-wise. Within another month, we had collected all the recordings. We went on to the studio and after a couple hurdles we had the CDs! 

 On March 7, 2010 we had a CD release party at the Palisades in McKeesport.  The choice was questioned because of location, being a bit far for many. There was a glitch near the end. Maybe I had made a mistake, I thought. I did know it was spacious with good sound quality. We had been to shows there and were hoping we'd draw 50 or more so we could get some CDs into circulation. Pamela Bick and the Warehouse Blues Band had heard of the trouble and came through with all the equipment that we needed! Thanks again to them.  We had ten of the bands from the CD playing there and all sounded superb!  It was an incredible day! Great music. A wonderful, diverse audience who all wanted to talk to us about several things. I met a few new people and all had glowing comments about the BSWPA. I met a lady named Cindy Gaich, who had praise for us and the music. I met a guy called "Chipmunk" who asked who wrote the Walter Trout interview. Jonnye pointed to me and he had a lot of questions about Walter. He told me it was a great interview. Wow! That was the first interview I did, three years ago! It was nice to hear people remember those things. It was just a lot of fun for me.  So, a big thanks to all the bands who performed on that Sunday and all the ones who contributed to the CD but couldn't be there. A big thanks to all those who came and all those who said 'thanks' to us.
Thanks to Jonnye Weber for working on the CD with me, thanks to those who bought the CD and to those who said how much they liked it.
Most of all, Jim Weber, I thank you for the inspiration to help me through some trying times and getting this done.
       
Buy the CD online at: http://bit.ly/BSWPAmerchandise


~ Don Vecchio